Many people want a straighter smile but don’t want the unsightly metal braces and the hassle and discomfort that comes with it. Now, with clear aligner therapy you don’t have to worry about that! Clear aligners are custom made trays that fit your teeth perfectly and are nearly invisible.
There are several options to choose from when it comes to clear aligners. The most popular and well-known option is Invisalign treatment. Invisalign is overseen by a dentist and you get the one-on-one, hands on guidance throughout your entire treatment process. Another option is ClearCorrect, which is a take home solution. With ClearCorrect, it is more of a “do-it-yourself” option which gives you a lot of responsibility and may give patients a lot of uncertainty and unanswered questions during their treatment process.
Here at Rockefeller and Cosmetic Dentistry, we over several cosmetic dentistry services that can not only straighten your teeth, but enhance your smile as well. Aligners are used to treat conditions such as :
- Crowded teeth
- Cross bite
- Deep bite
To better understand your options when it comes to clear aligners, let’s see the key differences and benefits between two popular options, ClearCorrect and Invisalign.
How ClearCorrect Aligners Works
ClearCorrect has been in business in the United States for 8 years now. Unlike Invisalign, ClearCorrect offers three different options to address your specific case, which include:
- Limited 6. This option works to treat the full arch and provides you with only 6 sets of aligners. It is best for minor adjustments.
- Limited 12. This option provides you with a wider range of treatment with 12 sets of aligners.
- Unlimited. With this option the specialist is allowed to work with as many sets of aligners needed to adjust the teeth.
Choosing the correct option will be recommended by your specialist who will be evaluating your specific case. ClearCorrect aligners are made of a specialized, durable material called Zendura. It is specially designed for optimum stress retention, which means the aligners are able to withstand any biting pressure.
How Invisalign Works
Invisalign requires a more personable, one-on-one experience with a specialist. With Invisalign, a consultation is required where the specialist will examine your teeth and decide if you are a good candidate. The aligners are custom made for your teeth using 3D imaging technology that allows specialists to fully evaluate the severity of your case. Several trays will be given to switch and adjust the trays in the comfort of your own home, rather than having to visit the dentist every few weeks.
They are designed to be worn every 20-22 hours. The duration of the treatment will vary depending on the individual circumstances, however, it relatively straightens teeth in 9 to 12 months. Although the aligners alone are sufficient enough to correct misalignments, some treatment plans may require an attached “button” to the teeth. This raised button provides them more traction.
What Is the Difference Between ClearCorrect and Invisalign?
Although they both are comparable on results, there are some key differences that make one more favorable than the other. Key differences include:
- Comfort. ClearCorrect currently uses the same plastic material that Invisalign used to use, which works well. However, Invisalign now uses its own patented smart track material for their aligners. Many patients have found that this material is much more comfortable in their mouth and the trays are less noticeable.
- Company experience and expertise. Invisalign has been in business since at least 1997. They have had many years to research improvements, perfect their products, and build a strong database of successful case studies. Clear correct only came about 10 years after Invisalign, which gives Invisalign the advantage of experience and expertise.
- Cost. The flexibility of ClearCorrect treatment option makes them more attractive to patients because it does represent a more affordable option compared to Invisalign. However, most patients are unaware of what their insurance carriers can cover for orthodontic treatment, especially if it is medically necessary. If this is the case, cost may not be a big factor.
Invisalign vs Smile Direct Club
We also have another informative article to educate you on other clear aligner options. Smile Direct Club is another popular option that is comparable to Invisalign. Like ClearCorrect, Smile Direct Club is strictly virtual. A distinct difference between Smile Direct Club and Invisalign is the creation and delivery of the treatment plan. Your entire treatment is planned online with Smile Direct Club rather than with a physical doctor or office visits, therefore, the impressions will not be as precise compared to in-office professional impressions.
Rockefeller Cosmetic Dentistry And Invisalign – We Can Help!
Say goodbye to your unsightly smile and hello to new and improved confident smile! Here at Rockefeller Cosmetic Dentistry, we offer Invisalign treatment that can resolve all of your worries. We use state-of-the-art 3D scanners and advanced technology to print a map of your teeth. We take images from present to future, so you are able to see how your teeth will change every step of the way and have an understanding of what your teeth will eventually look like. We also offer Invisalign for teens to give them the confidence they need for their social life and overall quality of life.
If you are looking to transform your smile with Invisalign treatment, call Rockefeller cosmetic dentistry at (212) 581-1091 and schedule your complimentary consultation.